Apple is building a new Campus 2 also referred as Spaceship headquarters to complement its campus at One Infinite Loop, it looks so amazing and unique in design that the employees can look outside from both sides of the building.
Natural tree life will be restored around the building. The building is self capable to run over 100% renewable energy by using Solarplates on the roof top .Peter Arbour, an architect for Seele, the company that makes the glass staircases in Apple stores around the world, told Bloomberg: “It is something like six kilometers of glass.”
it was started as half billion dollar project but its current budget is just close to $3 Billion Dollars and estimated cost will be $5 Billion Dollars.
How big is Apple‘s new campus?
1. The new Apple Campus will be set in a 2.8 million-square-foot area.
2. That’s a 176-acre site.
3. It will house more than 13,000 Apple employees in one building.
4. The building is more than a mile around.
5. There will be 300,000 square feet of research facilities and underground parking.
6. In May 2014, Apple leased 290,000 square feet of new office space in Sunnyvale known as Sunnyvale Crossing. It is thought that this additional space comprises seven buildings and will provide room for around 1,450 workers. It is located near to the new ‘Spaceship’ campus as well as the current ‘Infinite Loop’ campus.